Re: Amaya 9.3 RFE: image maps in IE

On Sunday 19 February 2006 17:13, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> /Irene Vatton/:
> > Sorry I meant "Amaya will generate the # except for XHTML 1.1 documents"
> > XHTML 1.0 accepts both usemap="#map" and usemap="map".
>
> Amaya should generate usemap="#mapid" and not usemap="mapid" for
> both document types. While both values are validated fine as an URI
> value the "mapid" one would resolve to non-existent resource,
> something like <basehref>mapid, i.e. it will point to a different
> than the current document resource, while <dochref>#mapid refers to
> a "mapid" fragment in the current document.

In XHTML 1.1, usemap is defined as IDREF, and IDREFs cannot start with "#".
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#idref

If you want your image maps to work with mainstream browsers and your
documents to validate, use XHTML 1.0.  It defines usemap as CDATA (through
&URI;), and you can happily use usemap="#foo" which, unlike the XHTML 1.1
version usemap="foo", works with most browsers.