Re: Amaya 9.4 won't start on WinXP SP-2

On Thursday 16 February 2006 12:30, Steven Pemberton wrote:
> Steven Pemberton wrote:
> >  > I had an identical problem with 9.3. Now, after installing 9.4,
> >  > neither 9.3 or 9.4 work. I uninstalled 9.3, 9.4, and reinstalled 9.4.
> >  > Doesn't help.
> >  >
> >  > I had an identical problem about a month ago, installing 9.3.
> >
> > I have the same problem. For a couple of days 9.4 worked fine, and then
> > suddenly stopped. 8.8 has stopped working too.
> >
> > What I can see is that the binary runs, and is in the process list, but
> > no windows get created, and it doesn't appear on the 'Applications' list.
> >
> > I have a vague deja vue feeling that this has happened in the past too.
>
> Indeed that deja vue feeling was right. It was November 2004.
>
> So anyway, I tried what was suggested there: kill all amaya processes,
> and rename C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\amaya and it worked.
>
> Problem solved.

Not really.
That means that Amaya didn't close propely during a last session or the
install process breaks down something.

It could help to know if it occurs only with a fresh install or not?
Normally the script launch Amaya at the end.

Do you have a .bak file in your old C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\amaya?