Saving back what one edited -- Re: [Announce] Amaya 9.5

I note there is a fix for one of the bugs I just sent in (text lost
when ESC pressed) Thanks - that was fast ;-)

The notes say a feature is

"A Save command that would write on a server a file NOT ending in
either .htm or .html turns into a Save As..."

Does that mean that we have given up the possibility to have the
Etags etc work out exactly what one is actually editing and PUT back
the right thing?   I seem to remember the goal was to follow a link to
http://www.w3.org/foo/bar
and edit it (even though the file behind it is bar.html) and save it
back with the
result that bar.html will be updated. Are we giving up that
functionality?  Or maybe we never had it.

Tim