Re: Debian patches review

On Monday 10 April 2006 18:50, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 08:52:06AM +0200, Irene Vatton wrote:
> > On Thursday 30 March 2006 15:20, you wrote:
> > > enable-system-wx.diff : Adds --enable-system-wx option to link against
> > > the system provided wxWidgets library rather than building it and
> > > linking statically. It might need a bit of polishing, but I guess it
> > > would be nice to have this option available for everyone. (attached)
> >
> > We fixed crashes and OpenGL problems in the wxWidgets library and these
> > patches are not integrated yet by wxWidgets developers. It seems that
> > other wxWidgets applications didn't meet these problems.
>
> Ahh - so basically the source-only distribution of the Amaya tarball
> isn't really usable then?

Normally users should use amaya-fullsrc but when libraries don't change since
the previous version, we distribute amaya-src.

> > > I also started working on a patch to use the system provided libwww,
> > > which I will submit as soon as I get it working.
> >
> > Amaya won't work with a generic libwww.
>
> If this is the case, that Amaya requires custom version of these two
> libraries, why do you distribute the amaya-source only version?
>
> It doesn't seem useful to do so.

It's just released for updates when users downloaded the previous version and
want to update their code.

> > > -the esstix fonts do not comply either, as they require the agreement
> > > from the author to be modified.
> >
> > We have the agreement and we don't plan to change esstix fonts.
>
> Really?

Yes we had the Elsevier's agreement.

> As I understand things the licence, and fonts, were revoked by Elsevier
> and transferred to the STI Pub companies.  They have not, as far as I know,
> released an updated version of their fonts.
>
> Their website, <http://www.stixfonts.org/>, seems to indicate that a
> release should be forthcoming shortly. Do you have a pre-release version
> of stixfonts?

We use a almost 4 years old version and we use stixfonts only in MathML
support.