Re: [BUG amaya] Lost hours of work.

On Saturday 10 December 2005 00:54, Alain wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I've installed Amaya 9.2.2 on my Linux Fedora Core 3 (kernel 2.6.9-1.667).
>
>  Today I was happy :-) and decided to make an html page with amaya to try
> CSS (page to describe how to compile and configure a wifi driver for
> linux), so I run amaya, I click on New / XHTML Document.
>
>  I choosed my home directory. Then I decided to add a subdirectory in the
> 'Directory' field of the 'New XHTML 1.1 document' window.
>
>  I enter a filename and then I made my web page (4 hours) saving often my
> work (I believed that it was saved, but it wasn't, and without an error
> message !!!).

I made a test on Fedora Core 3 (kernels 2.6.11-1.14 and 2.6.12-1.1372), adding
a directory name that doesn't exist.
Each times I try to save the document, a message "Cannot save in ...." appears
in the status bar and when I try to close, Amaya says that the document must
be saved and it keeps open as long as the document is not saved or I choose
"not save".

>  At the end I closed amaya, answering yes many times when asking me to
> save my work. Then as it should had been saved many times because I didn't
> made any more modification, I answered no to the last question to save and
> closed amaya.

At his point, you effectively lost your page.
Did you ever test to save on another place with "Save As"?

>  I couln't find my html page :-(
>
>  In fact, amaya never saved my page !
>  But I never had an error message telling me that the file couldn't be
> saved.
>  It is a very annoying bug.

It was, but you didn't pay attention to this message.
As you say "it asks you to save your work many times"

>  I believe amaya shoud create directory manually entered in the new dialog
> box (or forbide entering directory that doesn't exist) and at least report
> an error to the user if the file could not be saved.
>
>  I'm very sad I have lost a few hours of work. :-(
>
>  I hope this report can help.

Yes. We'll generate a pop up instead of a message in the status bar.