Re: special characters and related font problems.

Well...

I am not sure what is going on.

- I found those two files. First of all, I am not sure the file is all right by
default (unless WIndows plays some internal trick). Indeed, on my XP, the font
files are in c:\windows\fonts and not in c:\winnt\fonts as in those files. So I
began by changing that, plus exchanged the unicode ones to Arialuni.TTF (the
Arial Unicode MS TTF file). I saw no difference on the display of my files. (I
made the change in both files).

- I then put the same Arialuin.TTF file for what you call Esstix. Nothing changed...

As for the list of symbols that are not visible: actually most of them. If I
take, for example the list for <= and others (the lower left hand corner tab),
the leq, geq, lt, gt, equals, thcap are *visible*, *all* others have an empty
square instead. This makes this special character stuff pretty much unusable:-(

Ivan

P.S. Of course, the obvious comment: the average user should not be required to
massage those files, there should be some sort of a preference setting...