Re: Amaya-9.2.2 -Is it possible to set a background color to a paragr aph ?

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:11:42 +0100  EXT / TEAMLOG MELLERIN Pierrick <ext.teamlog.mellerin@sncf.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am testing Amaya-9.2.2 and I am encountering a little problem with
> paragraph's pseudo-class... When I want to apply my paragraph's pseudo-class
> (which has a specific background color like grey) to a paragraph by selected
> it and clicking on my pseudo-class (.code) in the "class palette", Amaya set
> a SPAN environment, so the background color is set only on the words
> selected and not to the entire paragraph...

I guess you have not selected the <p> element, but its content, the character
string that is the child element of the paragraph. Amaya sets the class attribute
to the selected element. As it can't assign an attribute to a string, it creates a

If you want to assign a class to the paragraph, just select the paragraph itself.
The simplest way is probably to hit the F2 key wich selects the parent element.
As a help for travelling the document tree, the status bar at the bottom of the
window displays the element that is currently selected with all its ancestors.

Hope this helps,

Vincent.

> More clearly :
>
> My .css :
>
> p.code {
>  font-family: Courier New;
>  font-size: 9 pt;
>  text-align: left;
>  background-color: #E1E1E1;
> }
>
> What Amaya is doing :

> What I want :

> Thanks in advance and best regards,
>
> Pierrick Mellerin
> Lyon, France

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France