Re: lots of bugs in Amaya

11. CURSOR VANISHING INTO AIR

Fixed.

12. UNABILITY TO ENTER CERTAIN IDENTIFIERS AS MI ELEMENTS

Deferred.
Note that "max" is listed as an operator in the MathML specification:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-MathML2-20031021/appendixf.html

Vincent.

On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:13:25 +0200 Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang@jeltsch.net> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I just discovered that I forgot a really important bug report.  While working
> out an example illustrating the bug, I discovered another bug. So here are
> two more bug reports.
>

> 11. CURSOR VANISHING INTO AIR
>
> Open a new MathML document, place the cursor inside the empty formula and
> enter the following key sequence:
>
>     C-m C-e e m p t y RETURN = m a x C-m C-a A
>
> You will discover that you are not able to complete since the cursor
> disappears after the C-m C-a.
>

> 12. UNABILITY TO ENTER CERTAIN IDENTIFIERS AS MI ELEMENTS
>
> Now do the same as under 10.  Then click at the end of the formula and enter
> C-m C-a A.  If you look at the structure view, you can see that &empty; and
> max are both declared as being operators which is wrong since they are both
> identifiers.  The worst thing is that I don't see any way to tell Amaya that
> it shall use mi.  For example, if I press
>
>     C-m C-d m a x CURSOR-LEFT,
>
> the newly entered max is again inside an mo instead of an mi.
>

> Best wishes,
> Wolfgang

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France