Re: updated package for Debian Stable (3.0 woody)

Le Vendredi 06 Mai 2005 13:09, Nacho a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have seen Amaya's download page:
>
> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html
>
> And there is no actual package (I mean of recent versions) for Debian
> Stable (woody), the version which comes with Debian Stable is 5.1, which is
> clearly outdated...
>
> So my question is if I should have to compile Amaya from source code or
> maybe somebody know of a place where I can downloaded a binary version.

We don't have a stable (woody) Debian box now. it's why we cannot provide this
binary version.

> And if I had to compile it... do you know if it's too much complicated? I
> mean having to install before lots of uncommon libraries and so...

You need to load and install:
- the full amaya source package
- install with apt-get xlibs-dev, libgtk1.2-dev and libgtk2.0-dev packages
- if you want to generate the gtk version, you also need to install
  the gdk-imlib-dev package.

See http://www.w3.org/Amaya/SourceDist.html