Re: Amaya pre8.7: latin2 characters still buggy?

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 14:45:49 +0000
Jakub Holý <j.holy@sh.cvut.cz> wrote:

> Hi!
>     I've still problems with amaya (cvs version, pre 8.7) and some
> iso-8859-2 (latin2) characters.
>    - I run Amaya, which opens the AmayaPage.html. I can type any latin2
> character into the location bar but when I type it in the page, only
> rectangles are displayed instead of some of them (and in the source view
> there is '&#x1b9;' entity while I typed 's' with turned ^ above it).

Probably the font available to display latin2 characters is not in the Amaya
list of possible fonts.
Could you send us descriptions of available fonts in following format
-*-times-medium-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-2
-*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-2
-*-courier-medium-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-2
xfontsel can help you to find out these descriptions.

>    - I click "open a document", a dialog asking whether I want to save
> the modified AmayaPage appears, I click "no", and the latin2 characters
> I've typed in the location bar are transformed into those, that are
> shown when the font being used is latin1 instead of latin2.

We need to detect what font and character encoding is used by GTK.