Re[2]: Problem with russian symbols

Hello, Irene.

You wrote 22 сентября 2004 г., 12:55:35:

>> According to the XML specification indicate:
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1251"?>
>>        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>> <head>
>> ..
>> ..
>> enter Russian symbols, save
>> open file in Amaya, russian symbols get not expected and
>> unnecessary the right inclination
>> open this file in MSIE 6 sp1, ... russian symbols haven't inclination. It's OK.
>> Russian symbols receive the right inclination in all elements
>> of page: H1-H6, text of links, element "em", excepting
>> the text in an element "p" and in those places where it is stipulated
>> by rules CSS. Change value attribute encoding and charset on
>> iso-8859-1, russian symbols remain. Now, in Amaya and
>> in MSIE russian symbol show correct, without right inclination.
>> In what a problem?

IV> A document can only use one unique charset.
Ok, I understand it. I open help file Amaya local (without web
server), what that any english text have
character style "normal", delete english symbol, enter russian symbol,
change encoding and charset to windows 1251, save as..., - russian symbol
have character style "Italic". If I open this file in MSIE russian
symbol have character style "normal". It's good. Problem in the other: Why Russian symbols get
character style "Italic" at viewing in Amaya, if I anywhere did not specify such style?

IV> If you want to change to iso-8859-1 you
IV> need to re-encode your whole document.
IV> The "Save As" command of Amaya allows you to re-encode your document.
I wanted to tell that if for the text entered by Russian symbols to specify
the coding iso-8859-1, to execute save as ... that Russian symbols have character
style "normal" that actually I and achieved.

IV> You have to pay attention that the charset defined by the
IV> HTTP server has the highest priority.
IV> Even if your document specifies windows-1251, the document
IV> can be read with another charset
Ok, I too understand it, In my case i edited help files Amaya and
opened them locally in Amaya and MSIE 6 without web server.

--
Best regards,
 Vlad

--