Re: still blank

Thankyou for your reply, but I don't quite understand what you are
saying.

I don't have any problems working with my html files, which I validate
each time at w3c. The file I opened in Amaya, which gave that output in
Outline mode as quoted, had been validated, and of course had much more
specific headers than that.

I'm trying to use Amaya, because I haven't yet found an html editor
(with any tools, not just a text editor, since tools save time, and I
have little effective time) which fully supports Unicode.

I haven't been able to write or edit a page in Amaya, yet, because I
can't get it to display anything.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

from Clytie

On 26/08/2004, at 12:26 PM, ps2988@juno.com wrote:

> html
> head
> meta meta-http-equiv=Content-Type content=text/html; charset=UTF-8
> title
>
> I'm interjecting as I get these being on the mailing list for Amaya
> users.  I quit using it in favor of more familiar coding, but this
> particular problem (above) seems related to HTML tagging.  The rules
> for
> HTML are somewhat volatile and no "one size fits all".  Thus I offer
> this
> suggestion; download a copy of a freeware/shareware HTML editor to help
> write this code to fit the system and the software it has to run with.
> The new editors are very comprehensive in combing the code for errors
> that cause these kind of EXTRA IGNORED occurrences.
> Scripting language is only part of the interface between man and
> machine,
> with one only seeing on/off binary machine code, and the other the
> sophisticated cultural phenomenon we call language.8)

Clytie Siddall, õÒ phôì Renmark taòi MiêÌn Sông cuÒa Úc Nam