Re: THOT PARAMETERS

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:25:23 -0500
"John Russell" <ve3ll@rac.ca> wrote:

> Thanks for your prompt reply on the 'refere' issue.  Thot.rc was
> modified and works as you say...
> Another user also had a question that could be solved by
> modifying thot.rc as well.
> I searched thru the Help file and could not find anything on
> parameters and usage of this file. I looked thru the online
> documents and they seemed to be more for those who are
> using a compiler to extend or modify their version of Amaya.

Our plan is to provide menu entries to change a large set of options.
But a new Amaya GUI is in progress, and we hesitate to add new options
in current versions.

> What is needed is a new help file or even a simple readme.txt
> for the thot.rc file that lists each parameter, its meaning or usage,
> and the acceptable values that it can take.  A short document that
> could be included in the distribution and  referenced and pointed to
> by the existing help doc (including index).

We'll add information in help files.

> Some of the thot settings are GUI acessible but this probably is
> not required for all settings. The document should point out which
> parameters could be overwritten by gui ....
>
> And i have a win-thot.rc file in /config. Does this need fixing too ???

The win-thot.rc file defines default settings for Windows platforms and
unix-thot.rcdefines default settings for Unix platforms. These files can
change with each Amaya version. It's not the case of the user's thot.rc file.