Re: Amaya 8.5 & Linux: no iso8859-2 characters

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:09:36 +0100
"J. Magalhćes Cruz" <jmcruz@imap-serv.inrialpes.fr> wrote:

> Dizia Jakub Holż em Quinta, 17 de Junho de 2004 19:30:
> >    I've got a problem - Amaya ignores some characters being typed typed
> > (e.g. racorn = 'e' with caron ('^' turned 180 degrees) above it). It
> > even doesn't display any character instead of them (like ? or a square)
> > it behaves like I haven't pressed anything. Normally in other
> > applications these characters work well (I've locale cs_CZ.iso8859-2).
>
> This is a problem that is recurrent in Amaya! I had a similar problem back in
> 1999! About a year later, the problem disappeared miraculously, and so it
> remained for a few versions of Amaya.
> Starting in version 8.2, I cannot use the portuguese characters in Amaya
> again! That's why I am still stuck to Amaya 8.1b!
> Oh well...
>
> (For the record: my Linux installation was the same when I tried to change
> from Amaya 8.1b to 8.2, and also to 8.5!)
> --
> J. Magalhćes Cruz	--- jmcruz@fe.up.pt ---
>
> .... free, as in freedom... (Richard Stallman)
> .... private, as in personal... (jmcruz)
> .... respect, to all animals... (jmcruz)

When I insert into the source view of an empty document the character entity  &#x11b;
(the unicode value of the 'e' with caron ('^' turned 180 degrees) above it).and I save
the document, the formatted view displays the right character.

If it doesn't work with you, Amaya didn't find the right iso-8859-2 font.

If it works with you, the problem comes from the input method, so I need to know what
unicode value was inserted in the document (please send me the resulting document).

Irčne Vatton                     INRIA Rhōne-Alpes