Re: Amaya 8.1a SuSe linux 8.2 GL version FP exception

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 17:04:35 +1200
Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>      This one is reproducible - unfortunately!
>
> I discovered it after installation on my new laptop when configuring it.  I
> have managed to cause the bug to happen after opening the General
> preferences and, for the home page typing
>
> file:///srv/www/htdocs/index.html
>
> or just
>
> /srv/www/htdocs/index.html
>
> and then applying and closing the amaya window - no other actions were
> taken.
>
>      On restarting amaya, the amaya main window comes into view - no
> content yet - and then disappears with the command line shell window
> showing
>
> Floating point exception
>
>      The document has been validated - it just has a line of text on an
> image background - and happily loads when the URI is typed into the URL
> icon on the main amaya window - with no parsing or other errors!
>
>      The problem does not arise with a fictitious file name, however, so
> since it is very small I attach it for reference. The error still occurs if
> the background-image line is deleted.
>
>      Sorry about this - but it seemed kind of important!
>
>                Regards,

I guess this error is due to the gcc compiler used to generate that Amaya version.
If we remove the -Os option, this kind of strange crashes disappears.
We're preparing a new release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.