Re: Can't get 'create rule' sub window for CSS to open list

There are no stupid questions, but lots of people who just give up instead of
asking...

In amaya you have to select an element using esc (Unix/Mac) or F2
(Windows) that has an inline style rule (a style attribute, in HTML).

You can see in the status line at the bottom what is selected - usually it
will say something like text \ p \ body \ html \ Document

To make this work, select a bit of text, and style it using the style menu.
The status line will then say text \ span \ p \ etc....

If you press the esc/f2 key (according to your platform, see above) the thing
selected will be the parent of what had been selected. Text just means random
text - so in this example you shoulld see span \ ....

now try to create rule.

Create Rule puts a rule into the document's style sheet, based on what a
style attribute says about a aprticular element.

It would be good to add a couple of examples to the page about creating rules
- how to make a random style, how to select an h3, style it, and create a
rule so that all h3's get the style. A beer is on offer for whoever does it
first.

Cheers

Chaals