Re: vi key bindings

here are some thoughts  which I have been pondering a few years too long:

The browse and edit modes of Amaya suggest that you could replicate a lot of
the vi behaviour. Essentially you would need to apply one set of keyboard
shortcut modes in browse mode, and a different set in edit mode.

There are also some things that would take a bit of real coding I suspect -
the power of vi is in the things that keystrokes can do, and Amaya doesn't
have all those functions as I understand it.

There was a discussion on this list a while ago (I will look for a reference,
but I think it was around the tme of release 7) about having a different set
of shortcuts for different languages, when Irčne kindly gave some pointers
for where to make changes in the code to support this.

cheers

Chaals