Re: making short test files

John Russell wrote:

>>One of the list members suggested submitting short test files to make
>> the debugger's job easier.   well this is as short as i can make it.
>>
>>aaa.css
>>body {background:none}
>>
>>aaa.htm
>><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>>simple test document that triggers a parse error in Amaya althouh the
>>stylesheet verifies. Background property includes image as well as color
>>subproperty. And none is valid value for image (the alternate being an
>>

>There is no parser error in Amaya with this document.

I gave it a try and was able to recreate the error.  CSS2 states that
background may be one or more of the values of background-color,
background-image, background-repeat, background-attachment, or
background-position in any order.

none is a valid value for background-image so it is valid for background
even if it is not valid for background-color.  I think that Amaya may be
thinking that because it appears in the specification with
background-color listed firsted then that is what it should be
interpreted as, but a look at conventions for the || separator would
tell otherwise.

Relevant Links:
Conventions: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/about.html#q3
Background: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.html#propdef-background