Re: Internal graphics libs problems

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 03:24, Jose Kahan wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I read your message too quickly. I thought you had succeded.
>
> You'll also need to have installed the development version of
> libpng and libjpeg to have the png.h and jpeglib.h files available.
>
> Is this the case in your station?

It doesn't look that way. I've tried compiling every which way but
loose, but always end up bailing on the same thing, even when I added
the --with-gtk and --without-graphic-libs switches on configure in the
spec file. Does the new release require a more recent version of libpng
than 1.0.14, or a more recent version of libjpeg than 6b? I've attached
the errors that I get on every attempt to compile, along with the last
command issued before the compiler exits. Hopefully this will help
whoever's working on that part of the project to figure out what's the
cause.

I also discovered that trying to compile the way I have previous
releases, by extracting the tarball, making a linux subdirectory,
changing to the subdirectory, and issuing a ../configure --with-gtk
gives me an immediate response of:
configure: error: can not find sources in .. or ..

So unless I can get the rpm to build, I'm not going to be able to
install this version on my system.

--
Bill Hartwell <Anpwhotep@confederatelinux.com>