Re: new html pages for validator

John Russell wrote:

>the main page at validator.w3.org does not look pretty when
>viewed with amaya (w3's own browser/editor).  it also produces
>parse error message when viewed with amaya.

Using Amaya 6.4+ on Windows XP, I can confirm this.  The parse errors
that I receive are issues involving CSS:
*** Errors/warnings in http://validator.w3.org/results.css  line 31:
Invalid selector background:  #eeeeee;
}"
  line 33: Not supported selector */"
*** Errors/warnings in http://validator.w3.org/tips.css
  line 43: Not supported selector *"
  line 46: Not supported selector */"

I don't understand the issue with the first item, the background.  I
think that is a bug in Amaya.  The rest are just telling that the
universal selector is not supported.

As for the on-screen layout:
The main issue is that float is not supported in Amaya yet.  Other than
that it looks fine except for distortion created by scrolling.  It seems
that Amaya is not repainting the screen while scrolling very well.

All in all, I think the issues are due to the incomplete implementations
in Amaya.  Everything seems accessible though.

--
Brant Langer Gurganus
http://troop545.cjb.net/brant.htm