Re: amaya bug report

On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 09:49:30 -0400
Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I wanted to report two bugs I've been noticing lately.
>
> The first is that I've been getting an error message that it is an
> incorrect mime type when I try to save a document and have to manually pick
> the "application: xhtml+xml" option to save it.

This is probably due to a wrong configuration of our Apache server.
I have that problem when I create a XHTML page (it's saved through Jigsaw
with the right MIME type "application: xhtml+xml").
When I reload it (or I load it in a new Amaya session), the Apache server
serves that file with the wrong MIME type "text/html". When I re-save it Amaya
keeps the current MIME type "text/html". Jigsaw detects that the MIME type
changed and reports an error.

Solutions are in preference order:
- fix the Apache configuration
- accept to manually re-set the "application: xhtml+xml" MIME type with Save As.
- remove the option "Use the application/xhtml+xml MIME type for XHTML documents"
  in Special>Preferences>Publishing

> The second bug is that occasionally (and I can't figure out why it works
> sometimes and not others) under "style" I cannot select the "character"
> option to do bold or underline, etc.  I click on it in the toolbar but no
> window pops up, nothing.

This occurs normally when that "character style" cannot be applied.
The menu entry should be grayed but it seems not to be in the Windows
version (we have to look at that problem).
Let me know if when it occurs there is a selection and the document is not in
Read-Only mode.

> Other than that, the newest Amaya is wonderful.  Each version just keeps
> getting better and better.  It's a great tool, thanks for all your work.

Thanks for your encouragements