Re: Centering tables

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:49:21 +0100 (WET DST)
Jose Carlos Santos <jcsantos@fc.up.pt> wrote:

> > Hum, CSS is not very clear about that.
>
> I think that it is very clear about this. As you can read in Cascading
> Style Sheets, level 2/CSS2 Specification/W3C Recommendation 12-May-1998
> (at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#q6):

I didn't look for that information in the section "Caption position and alignment"
You're rigth the auto margins are used to center a table when it's ouside a
paragraph and are interpreted as 0 inside a paragraph.
That different interpretation requests a new development in Amaya.
I added that request in our bug list.