Re: modifying default DOCTYPE header in 5.2?

To me, the bug is on the server side. Confusing the XML declaration
and a processing instruction is clearly a bug.
The thing that starts with <?PHP... is not a tag, but a Processing
Instruction (refer to http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#sec-pi )
intended for PHP (PHP is the target). The spec clearly states
"The target names "XML", "xml", and so on are reserved". So,
PHP-mod should silently ignore the special PI that starts
with <?xml...

The best solution would probably be to fix the PHP-mod of Apache.
Another solution would be to save the document as HTML, as opposed
to XHTML. Then, Amaya would not generate the XML declaration.
To do that, just select "HTML" in the "Document Format" menu
of the "Save as" dialog box. But that's a pity to return to the
old crappy HTML when your documents are already XHTML.

Vincent.