Re: modifying default DOCTYPE header in 5.2?

> From: "galwebmestre@ifrance.com"
> My problem is that there is a confusion with the DOCTYPE header, that is
> being foreworded by the XML declaration:
>
> That makes the web server to confuse about this tag, and point out a PHP
> syntax error, even in my pure HTML documents (saved with the HTML extension).

Thus it seems that you are saving in XHTML, not plain HTML.
This is why you find the XML declaration before <!DOCTYPE .

My understanding is that your ISP has chosen the "light
PHP approach", and therefore a plain <? triggers the PHP
mode. If this were the case, the only way to cope with this
is really to ask Amaya people if it could be possible
to save a file not in XHTML.

ciao, .mau.