(unknown charset) Re: Amaya 5.2a

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Vincent Quint wrote:

> Hugh Sasse wrote:
> >   allow this.  Could Amaya detect this, so it doesn't tell me about
> >   consequences of things I cannot do anyway?  I don't know if the protocols
>
> Even if Amaya can detect that you are not allowed to save the document
> on the machine it comes from, there is a problem: you can save that
> document somewhere else (at least on your local file system), and if
> you do that you need to know that the document will be changed.

OK, then maybe it should tell me this when I save or when I change anything,
not when I just read it.  There will be enough times when I only want to read.
Eg, navigating to the doc I want to change.

If I save but don't change anything before saving, perhaps Amaya could allow me
to choose whether I save the original or the Amaya-changed doc as well.  (Then
I could use both, then diff to see what Amaya has changed).

> Vincent.
> Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes

	Hugh