Re: external CSS and "alternate stylesheet"

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, John Russell wrote:

> /tr/rec-css1  also provides a correctly linked alternate stylesheet

I have not tried that.

> for testing purposes.  It seems this is a 'missed' fuction within Amaya.
> The menu item Style / Stylesheet  allows opening , linking , removing,
> and adding. It seems another item should be here to 'select alternate'
> perhaps displaying the list of alternates provided by the doc author
> and allowing user to choose!
>
> The #3 browser Opera also does not seem to offer this functionality.

Yes, I just found that out. Mozilla doesn't seem to support  this either.  I
cannot see any other sufficiently advanced browser that might.  Ygdrasil don't
seem to have touched Arena since 1998.  Mnemonic seems to have come to a stop
last year.

> Is this something that he recommendation anticipated for but no
> user agent followed up on (ie. similar to the table column headings/footers
> that were not to scroll while rows did (if not less than window)??

I am beginning to wonder where all this is going.  I know the Amaya
team is *really* small, but the others don't have that problem.  There
is mention of CSS3 now, there is XSL, there are a whole load of new
things like XHTML, DHTML, not to mention XML, and still standards
of 5 years ago are not implemented.

	Hugh