Re: Entities

Irene Vatton wrote:

> > Thank you so much for providing us with the Amaya.
> >
> > Can the programme replace e.g. the specific Danish letters with the =
> > equivalent entities like æ, ø, and å?
>
> We plan in the next release to let people choose the output encoding
> (us-ascii, iso-8859-1,
> UTF-8 when the document is saved. If the encoding is us-ascii, Danish letters
> will be
> exported as entities.

Somewat related to the question: is it possible with some kind of
backspace entity to force accents on letters which are else not
represented as accented in iso-latin1? (I don't find any backspace
entity in the HTML4.1 reference). What I hint at is a 'c' with an accent
aigu which I need for a song title with Czech lyrics. Alternatively is
it possible to locally force another iso-latin character set enabling
that kind of characters and have the thus coded character accordingly
displayed by a browser? I would prefer tricks like that rather than
introducing unicode.

Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus
Brendstrupgaardsvej, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Phone: +45 89 49 53 01 - http://www.scandiatransplant.org