Re: Amaya crashes

Hello Frederic from John in Niagara, Canada
I was able to view your file in Amaya by downloading it
and RENAMING IT TO TEST.HTM.  I suspect that there
may be an file extension name hangup in Amaya because
viewing the on-line version hung up my computer as well
(but did not crash it!). someone else may verify that .asp extension
may cause problems ---

A side note is that you may wish to look at the screen layout.
Right now it forces a need for horizontal scrolling.  If possible
make the design ADAPT to various screen sizes by wrapping
techniques....  or at least design for the current standard of
800x600 desktop which leaves about 750 pixels width
to work with in a browser.

On 19 May 2001, at 10:40, Frederic G. MARAND wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> For some time (i.e. several versions) now, Amaya has been crashing on most (if not
> all) of my web pages, including validated pages (valid XHTML1.0, valid CSS).
>
> Is there any way to know where it crashes (like using a debug option to trace what
> it succesfully does to infer what it could not do ?).
>
> A sample w3c-validated short page causing a crash is at
>     http://www.osinet.fr/code/glo.asp?Initial=Z
>
> On my PCs (Win98, NT4SP6a), it stays locked after displaying the loading of the
> osinetcode.css stylesheet.
>
> Thanks

John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA
http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel