Re: troubles building amaya for Linux-ppc

Yes, I did read that section.  However, we install packages in an area
that is cross mounted to lots of different architectures.  One
implication is that we put the source in one place and install the
results of the build somewhere else (using the --prefix and
--exec-prefix options on configure).

But, just to make sure, I tried going to the source tree and doing
what the web page says:
           cd /swl/tmp/Thot/Amaya
	   mkdir Linux-2.2-ppc
	   cd Linux-2.2-ppc
	   ../configure

I get what sounds like an error from config:
"Nor Amaya nor Thot package found, get the corresponding archive"

As expected, when I run make with the above config I get:
  make[1]: *** [libThotEditor.a] Error 1

The prerequisite listed on the web page don't say anything about
needing to install thot first. And, they don't say anything about how
to point to thot if it is installed.

-sp-