RE: Why is Amaya not correcting missing end tag error?

> From:	Ian Jacobs [SMTP:ij@w3.org]
>
> [Question: What is the relationship between that correction
>  and tidy's [2] functionality/heuristics?]

	[DJW:]  My guess is that this is more a warning against
	using  it as a validator (as would apply even more to than
	common "validator" IE), than a statement of a suitability as
	a repair tool.

> and edited it in emacs, removing one ending </li>. Amaya
	[DJW:]
	</li> is always optional in HTML (although obviously
	not so in XHTML).  A missing </li> in HTML is *not* an
	error.

[DJW:]