Re: A Few Comments on Amaya

> Kindest Regards,
> Sean B. Palmer
> @prefix : <http://webns.net/roughterms/> .
> :Sean :hasHomepage <http://purl.org/net/sbp/> .

For those of you who don't know, Sean is a member of the W3C's Web
Accessibility Initiative, and practically in an expert in HTML and its
cousins. I think all of his comments are very good and should be seriously
considered.

Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com> wrote:

> 4) IBUG: Temporary redirects or "Found" should have the original URI
> displayed, not the new one [2]! This is an impotant Axiom: do not
> treat HTTP temporary redirects as permanent redirects. Also, when
> Amaya is used to link to this file, the first URI should be used, not
> the temporary one.

Speaking of that, what are the Amaya team's thoughts on all of the CUAP
recommendations (small r):

http://www.w3.org/TR/cuap

Recently, the Mozilla team has reported on the status of their
implementation of these features:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-talk/2001MarApr/0039.html

I believe that as part of Amaya's job to demonstrate the power of Web
technologies, it is also essential that it get the user interface right. The
W3C has put together a great set of suggestions and I'd love to see Amaya
implement most of them. I think this will set a great example and take a
leading role, demonstrating to other browser makers.

I understand that the Amaya team is very busy, but I hope that you can take
some time to look at these problems. Thanks for your help.
--
Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>| ...schoolyard subversion...
  <http://www.aaronsw.com>   |  because school harms kids