Re: Recognising a browser with MathML/SVG etc capabilities

Hello in here,

Sorry to intrude as a newcomer, but is there some way to receive the list in
daily digest format ? The subscription welcome didn't include any
information that I saw about this feature.

I may have what seems a bug in SVG both in 4.0 and 4.1. If I understand
properly, and if the Adobe plug-in makes a proper rendering, the Amaya
rendering of lines is incorrect (or at least not what I understand it should
be: I'm really debuting on SVG). Here is the issue:

(no transformations)
An instuction like this one does not draw a horizontal line:
    <line class="defline" x1="060" y1="040" x2="90" y2="040" />
And an instruction like this one does not draw a vertical line:
    <line class="defline" x1="150" y1="350" x2="150" y2="320" />

Apparently, Amaya starts from what looks like the proper position, but
finishes off by (line width)/2 in the trigonometric sense. That is, drawing
horizontals from left to right, the right endpoint is too high by half a
line width, and drawing verticals from bottom to top, the top endpoint if
off to the left by half a line width. This is particularly evident if one
increases stroke-width in the stylesheet.

This small (terrible looking) sample exhibits the problem:
    http://www.osinet.fr/code/svg1.svg
Displays straight lines in IE5+Adobe 2.0beta, but stairs in Amaya 4.0/4.1

But then, maybe I missed something regarding SVG lines: I'm just starting on
SVG.

Thanks for your concern.

Frédéric G. MARAND
Le glossaire OSInet de la Net-Economie