Re: What's wrong with names that end in /?

> How would Amaya know what your server has set for a default or index
page?

The server knows - the client doesn't. The only thing the client can see
is that "foo/" is different from "foo/bar.html" - it has no idea what the
difference means.

Therefore, the server should do the mapping and it should be ok for the
client to PUT to something ending in "/" (if the rest of the PUT is valid,
accepted etc.)

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
mailto:frystyk@microsoft.com