Amaya only offline

From: Matthias Wagenknecht <M.Wagenknecht@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:19:28 +0200
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Hi

from an Amaya newbie!

I have the following problem: Amaya works only offline. I tried to install a
downloaded version, which only gave me a file- open dialog on startup. Then I
found an Amaya RPM on my SusE-Linux 6.3 distribution and installed it (without
deinstalling the other one). Now it starts, but all I can see are html's on my
disk. With or without wwwoffle proxy (registered under preferences as
localhost:8080 or localhost or 127.0.0.1:8080) it refuses to load pages from
the net. Netscape, Opera and KFM always work well online.

TIA, Matthias