Re: Nested or overlapping tags do not display

Thanks for your reply,
I can live with overlapping tags being incorrect
markup, but if you're interested it does work on
IE5/win98. The only reason I care is because I'm
trying to understand how the document object model
works.

I'm having a hard time understanding how one can use
any combination of DOM functionality to reconstruct a
document with nested tags. In my primitive
understanding, the nested tag is a child object and as
far as I can tell you can query the parent for WHAT
the child is, and in what order the child appears
among other children, but not WHERE it is in the text
of the parent. Please enlighten me.

About the nested tag result I'm observing, I'm using
Amaya 2.4 on win98. Sorry I didn't include that
earlier. Dave  J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk> says "Nested
tags should display according to the style sheet." So
perhaps this version simply cannot display text as
both italic and strong. Sure enough,
<STRONG><I>Hello</I></STRONG>
is not italic.

BTW, its yahoo's fault for not letting me post as a
thread :-), they won't let me send to
www-amaya@w3.org?Subject=Re:%20Nested%20or%20overlapping%20tags%20do%20not%20display&In-Reply-To=<200003171217.NAA02727@lifou.inrialpes.fr>&References=<200003171217.NAA02727@lifou.inrialpes.fr>
I, I feel so inadequate for not having a "real" email
account.