Re: Amaya hates 3Dfx ?

> Hi,
>
> Since I have a Voodoo 3 2000 video board, Amaya does not run
> any more on my Windows 98 PC. If I use the 9x version, I only
> have an illegal access message as soon as I click the icon. If I use the NT
> version I get the Amaya window and immediatly a "GPF in module 3DFX16V3.drv".
> This appens with all versions of Amaya, including the pre 2.5. All other
> programs work fine. I have already seen this kind of behaviour with another
> board (ATI), with another HTML editor (WebExpert) and Windows NT. We had to
> wait for a new version of the video driver to get things fixed.

The windows version of Amaya doesn't access directly the video card.
It uses the standard Win32 API.

> With Linux (Redhat 6.0), on the same machine, I can not have the images
> displayed properly with Amaya, they look like the scrambled screen of a TV
> pay channel when you do not have a proper decoder. All other programs (Gimp,
> the whole KDE stuff, Star Office, Netscape Communicator, ...) display
> images correctly.

As long as we don't have this kind of video card it's difficult for us to fix
this problem. Perhaps someone working on this platform can have a look at the
code
(Amaya/thotlib/image/picture.c) and could understand what is wrong?

> By the way, pre 2.5 I still has the no-vowels-in-dialog-boxes bug and the
> right-Alt-key-has-no-effect-on-azerty-keybord bug, as with previous
> versions but not on all boxes (Redhat 5.4 and 6.0 do not work, Mandrake 6.x
> works fine). In any case xev properly recognizes vowels and Alt Gr (as
> ModeShift). All other programs honor vowels and Alt Gr. The main problem
> is that I can not get the circumflex accent: a real pain in French.

Someone promised to work on this problem in January. Since then I received to
news
from Him. If nothing happens by the end of March, I'll spend a week on it.

> Cheers,
>
> Serge Torres
>
> Ecole Normale Superieure

  Irene.