Re: table problems

Lorrie Cranor wrote:

> I have been trying to edit the P3P issues list
> (http://www.w3.org/P3P/Group/Specification/p3p-issues.html)
> with Amaya 3.1. Amaya seems to crash periodically when
> doing this. For example, I accidently added a column, then
> removed the column, and Amaya promptly crashed.

I tried to do the same, but I did not manage to make
Amaya crash. Could you provide more details about the
operations you made?

> Also, I have been unable to figure out how to change the
> background color of a cell. Any suggestions?

Sure! Click any character in the cell and select the cell
with key F2 (for Windows. In Unix it's Esc). Look at the message
area, at the bottom of the window: it should say   td\tr\tbody...
Then choose Colors in the Style menu. You get a color palette.
Click on the color you want with the right button.
That's it.

Note that this creates a style attribute with the CSS property
background-color. If you prefer to use the HTML bgcolor attribute,
select the cell, and choose bgcolor in the Attributes menu.
Then you have to type the RGB color you want.

If you use the first method, you can make sure you use exactly
the same color as another cell. Select first a cell that has the
desired color. Then, display the color palette (Style/Colors).
The color of the selected cell is highlighted in the palette.
You can then select another cell. You just have to click on the
highlighted color in the palette to paint it the same.

Vincent.