Re: Amaya stops responding

Sorry, Jim, this document contains HTML errors.
I just checked the very beginning of

    http://www.neta.com/~cherry/mathml/reporth.html

and the W3C validator (http://validator.w3.org/)
reported 13 errors in the first 63 lines (see below).

There are also some MathML errors.  I was not able to
check everything, but the expression starting line 3704,
for instance, is wrong:

   <mtr><mtd columnalign="right" columnspan="3">

The <mtr> tag starting the line above is not allowed in
this context. It is allowed only as a child of a <mtable>,
not as a child of a <mtd>.

All

I would not say that TtM produces good HTML (or good MathML).

Vincent.

Here are the errors reported by the HTML validator:

Line 9, column 6:
  <TaBle>
        ^
Error: document type does not allow element "TABLE" here

Line 11, column 2:
    ^
Error: document type does not allow element "P" here

Line 13, column 7:
         ^
Error: document type does not allow element "CENTER" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 14, column 6:
  <title>Representations of Orthogonal Polynomials</title>
        ^
Error: document type does not allow element "TITLE" here

Line 24, column 2:
    ^
Error: document type does not allow element "P" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 26, column 7:
         ^
Error: document type does not allow element "CENTER" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 29, column 12:
  <OL type="1">
              ^
Error: document type does not allow element "OL" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 31, column 3:
     ^
Error: start tag for "LI" omitted, but its declaration does not permit this

Line 44, column 2:
    ^
Error: document type does not allow element "P" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 51, column 2:
    ^
Error: document type does not allow element "P" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 57, column 2:
    ^
Error: document type does not allow element "P" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 62, column 2:
    ^
Error: document type does not allow element "P" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 63, column 11:
          <H2><A NAME="tth_sEc1">
             ^
Error: document type does not allow element "H2" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
start-tag

Line 68, column 2:
    ^