Re: 2.1 on Redhat Linux 5.2

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

> > Amaya seems to build OK, now that I have lesstif (www.lesstif.org).
> > However, on running it I get:
> >  ./bin/amaya
> > ./bin/amaya: error in loading shared libraries
> > libXm.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> libXm.so.1 is the Motif library. Could you check your Options file.

   The first time I tried to build it, it said there was no Motif
   Installing lesstif fixed that error, but the Options below don`t
   point to any lesstif directories (I installed lesstif in the default
   place -- maybe configure should know where to look?), but although
   /usr/local/LessTif/Motif{1.2,2.0}/{include,lib} exist they have
   not been found by configure.  Do --x-includes and --x-libraries
   options for the configure command override the defaults or provide the
   extra places for configure to look?

>   Irene.

	Hugh
	hgs@dmu.ac.uk
	Options included here in case there is other pertinent info in it:
#
# User's configurable option
# Generated from Options.in
#
# Increase the Version number each time one entry is added
# Version : 1.4
#

SHELL	= /bin/sh

CC	= gcc
CFLAGS	= -O2 -W
CPP     = gcc -E -x c
LD	= gcc
LDFLAGS	=
CP	= /bin/cp
MV	= /bin/mv
RM	= /bin/rm -f
LN_S	= ln -s
MKDIR	= /bin/mkdir
ECHO	= /bin/echo
AR	= /usr/bin/ar rc
RANLIB	= ranlib
DIFF	= /usr/bin/diff
INSTALL	= /usr/bin/install -c

INSTALL_DATA= $(INSTALL) -m 444
INSTALL_BIN= $(INSTALL) -m 755

THOT_VER=2.2
AMAYA_VER=1.5
KAFFE_VER=cvs

CEXTRACT_VER=1.7
CEXTRACT_FLAGS=+O

THOT_OPTIONS=
AMAYA_OPTIONS=
PLUGIN_OPTIONS=-DPLUGIN_TRACE -DXP_UNIX
JAVA_OPTIONS=
ILU_OPTIONS=
ANNOTATIONS_OPTIONS=

IMGLIBS=-ljpeg -lpng -lz
EXTRA_LIBS=

MOTIF_INCLUDES=-I/usr/local/include
MOTIF_LIBRARIES=-L/usr/local/lib

ILUHOME=
ILU_INCLUDES=-I$(ILUHOME)/include
ILU_LIBRARIES=-L$(ILUHOME)/lib
ILU_BINARIES=$(ILUHOME)/bin

X_FLAGS=$(MOTIF_INCLUDES)  -I/usr/X11R6/include
X_EXTRA_LIBS=
X_PRE_LIBS=-lXp  -lSM -lICE
X_LIBS= -L/usr/X11R6/lib