Re: Amaya does not work with the network

Hi,

since it is - at first - really confusing when e.g. Netscape works and
Ayma does not, maybe during the Setup-procedure it could
be checked, if in "typical" files a proxy is set (like
c:/programme/netscape/users/XXX/prefs.js - but I am sure there are
better methods to get a good guess ;-)

Then the user could be warned:
"It seems that you are using a proxy with Netscape. It seems that your
proxy is  http:/xxx.xxx.xxx. If so, please ..."

Of course, it is just a guess ... ;-)

Or just a question during the setup-procedure.
"Are you using a proxy/firewall?"
(I've just checked it: I have not been asked ;-)

Roland

--
roland.bauer@fff.at        +43-(1)-33-421-88  (home)
http://www.fff.at/fff/     +43-(1)-536-06/537 (work)

Please complain if I do not answer within a reasonable time ;-)