Re: [Announcement] Amaya 1.4a public release

Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Good morning.
>
> I am using a SPARC Solaris 2.6 system.  I downloaded the Binary
> distribution of Amaya 1.4a today, but find I am unable to make use of it.
> This is due to the fact that this version of Amaya has requirements for
> versions of dynamic X libraries which do not appear to exist at our site.
I guess you got the wrong version: http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html
says: "Sparc Solaris 2.6 format amaya-solaris2.6-1.4a.tar.gz (about
2.030,000 bytes) gzipped tar file. In this version the Motif library is
statically linked because the standard distributed version doesn't work.
This library could be incompatible with your local X libraries"

Do you have this 2.6 version? or hte 2.5 version?

> If there are requirements for particular versions of X libraries would
> it be possible to create the binary distribution with those particular
> versions statically linked into the library?

If you got the 2.6 version, I think you are in bad luck and have the
incompatible libraries. If you have a compiler with your system (best to
have gcc) get the source and build that one. If gcc and gmake are available,
it's verry easy to build amaya.

CB

--
When I became a man, I put away childish things, including my fear of
childishness, and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis