Re: Problem with "make install": Missing file amaya/Amaya?

Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr writes:

> > I think that it should be AmayaPage,html.  With the following patch it
> > installs properly.  The move from $prefix/share/thot to $prefix/thot
> > is welcome, but I question the need to rm -rf the old directory.
>
> Normally a new install should remove the old one.

An uninstall should attempt to remove the files it installed.  An
install should not make any assumptions about the environment it is
going into.  Casually removing a complete directory tree is a bad idea
in either case, since you have no way of knowing what files may have
been added.  For example, I had the english dictionary installed.
Having it deleted is no big deal, since I still have the distfile, but
what if I had local working files in there?
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.