Re: Installing English dictionary

> Dear friends:
>
> First, my thanks to Daniel Veillard for creating the Red hat rpm for the
> new Amaya 2.1. It looks great, and I am excited about learning how to
> use it and using it.
>
> My first problem is installing the English dictionary. I would
> appreciate if someone could please tell me precisely how to install it.
> The instructions on the W3C page state:
>
> "To install a dictionary, you have to go into the main directory
> xxx/Amaya and type the command "tar xzf gzipped-tar-file""
>
> But this is not very clear. There is a symbolic link to amaya in
> /usr/bin, and all the files in /usr/bin are executables, yet the
> dictionary untars into a directory. I am sorry, but I am confused. What
> am I missing?

Instructions on the W3C page correspond to the standard distribution but
they should work also for the RPM distribution when you know where is located
the Amaya hierarchy.

That hierarchy includes:
Amaya --- amaya ---- *.STR
        |          | *.PRS
        |          | etc.
        | config ---
        |
        | dicopar ---
        |
        | LINUX-ELF --- bin --- amaya
                              | print

The /usr/bin/amaya should point to the binary Amaya/LINUX-ELF/bin/amaya located
in the Amaya hierarchy. Dictionary tar files have to be untared into the main
directory Amaya. For example English.tar.gz includes dicopar/Eprinc.dic and
that
dictionary must be installed into the subdirectory dicopar of Amaya.

Windows distributions include dictionaries. Perhaps RMP distribution should
include dictionaries too.