Re: Keyboard Files on Windows

  Hi Joseph,

>At 04:42 PM 6/23/99 +0200, Ramzi GUETARI wrote:
> >For example, if you press only the Alt key, the File Menu will
> >be automatically activated. To avoid that, we have to "disable"
> >the shortcuts automatically associated with the system menu.
>
>Understood. However, I remapped them to the ctrl key, so there should
be no
>conflict, right? Oddly, when I remap them back to alt keys they work
again:

>Alt <Key>=: ZoomIn()
>Alt <Key>-: ZoomOut()
>Alt <Key>1:     CreateHeading1()
>Alt <Key>2:     CreateHeading2()

  I'll see why Ctrl <key>+ and Ctrl <key>- do not work. This will be
fixed soon.

>However, the spelling and multisequence continue to not work, for this
>reason, or perhaps another reason...
>
>Ctrl <Key>l, Ctrl <Key>d: CreateDefinitionList()
>Ctrl <Key>l, Ctrl <Key>o: CreateNumberedList()
>Ctrl <Key>l, Ctrl <Key>u: CreateList()

On Windows, shortcuts are introduced in something called accelerator
table.
This used to be done in a resource file (fortunately, it is not the case
for Amaya and
this is the reason why you can "dynamically" configure your shortcuts. I
even can say
that the only application on Windows allowing to do this is Amaya).
The structure of the accelerator table does not allow to combine
a sequence "a la emacs" such as Ctrl <Key>l, Ctrl <Key>d. This is the
main reason which lead me to create a particular amaya.kb file for
Windows.