RE: Section numbering as default?

Hi,

nice to hear, that the list is not dead.

> I guess there are 2 requests in your message:
> 1) you want to have a global control of this feature instead of a
> control
> document by document.
> 2) you want to keep the set/unset value from a session to another.
>
> The solution is to replace the command SectionNumbering by an entry in
> the
> configuration
> menu. In that case the default setting can be controlled by the user
> and can
> be kept along
> different Amaya sessions.
> What do you think?

	[MCepl]  Well, I suppose for serious work with section
numbering, we would need both, but it should be enough to have latter
(it is not so bad to set this for each new document, while it is only
once). Another idea, would not it be possible to support some particular
part of CSS2 (counter-* stuff ???), which would allow to set this for
whole class of documents. However, if it is easier, new item in
Configuration (not even in the menu, config file would be enough) would
fit wonderfully.

	OK, now another stuff, when I took you on-line :-).

	I feel it hard to edit files when I am missing some lovely
Windows characteristics (Yeah, even such things exists! :-). The most
important for me seems to be ability to select arbitrary text by
Shift+[any movement of cursor]. I do not know, if it is too difficult to
make it working, but for me it is one of the most important features
missing (section numbering for each printing is piece of cake). Other
shortcuts missing are Ctrl-O (open new file), Ctrl-N (either new
document or new window for current one -- but former is better, I
suppose), Shift-Ins (eq. Ctrl-V - Paste), Ctrl-Ins (eq. Ctrl-C - Copy),
Shift-Del (eq. Ctrl-X - Cut).

	Other thing is that I am not able to print on my printer. I have
to print to PS file and such file print via GhostScript. Only then,
sometimes, it is possible to print to the printer directly. It is not so
bad, as I am not printing too much, but it is disturbing.

	Last issue - how to destroy <q> by menus only?

					Have nice day

Matthew

	Other things are much less pressing: