Re: Section numbering as default?

> Hi,
>
> nice to hear, that the list is not dead.

During the last month we were involved in many external events. So we had some
difficulty to follow the mailing list.

> > I guess there are 2 requests in your message:
> > 1) you want to have a global control of this feature instead of a
> > control
> > document by document.
> > 2) you want to keep the set/unset value from a session to another.
> >
> > The solution is to replace the command SectionNumbering by an entry in
> > the
> > configuration
> > menu. In that case the default setting can be controlled by the user
> > and can
> > be kept along
> > different Amaya sessions.
> > What do you think?
> >
> 	[MCepl]  Well, I suppose for serious work with section
> numbering, we would need both, but it should be enough to have latter
> (it is not so bad to set this for each new document, while it is only

Ok.

> once). Another idea, would not it be possible to support some particular
> part of CSS2 (counter-* stuff ???), which would allow to set this for
> whole class of documents. However, if it is easier, new item in
> Configuration (not even in the menu, config file would be enough) would
> fit wonderfully.

We're considering that, but not for the June release.

> 	OK, now another stuff, when I took you on-line :-).
>
> 	I feel it hard to edit files when I am missing some lovely
> Windows characteristics (Yeah, even such things exists! :-). The most
> important for me seems to be ability to select arbitrary text by
> Shift+[any movement of cursor]. I do not know, if it is too difficult to
> make it working, but for me it is one of the most important features
> missing (section numbering for each printing is piece of cake). Other
> shortcuts missing are Ctrl-O (open new file), Ctrl-N (either new
> document or new window for current one -- but former is better, I
> suppose), Shift-Ins (eq. Ctrl-V - Paste), Ctrl-Ins (eq. Ctrl-C - Copy),
> Shift-Del (eq. Ctrl-X - Cut).

All that is normally available in the 2.0a release. Perhaps it needs some
improvement.
In current version 2.0a Shift+[any movement of cursor] works if you have
removed
or commented these lines in your file amaya.keyboard
<Key>Up:       TtcPreviousLine()
<Key>Down:     TtcNextLine()
<Key>Right:    TtcNextChar()
<Key>Left:     TtcPreviousChar()

You can also have your personal file $HOME/.amaya/amaya.keyboard and
add your personal shortcuts.

> 	Other thing is that I am not able to print on my printer. I have
> to print to PS file and such file print via GhostScript. Only then,
> sometimes, it is possible to print to the printer directly. It is not so
> bad, as I am not printing too much, but it is disturbing.

Sorry, on Unix platforms we only support PostScript printers.

> 	Last issue - how to destroy <q> by menus only?

Oops, there is a bug here. I will fix it.