Re: Amaya mishandling HREF values that contain ampersand

> It has been reported both on this mailing list and elsewhere that
> Amaya mishandles properly-represented HREF values that contain
> ampersands, e.g HREF="whatever?print=yes&amp;mode=p&amp;copy=5"

For me this bug was fixed. Is too late to do something in the today release
2.0.
That release includes a lot of new things and should need updates soon. So we
plan
to make an update in June. I promise to have a look at your bug and to have it
fixed
in June.

> There are some notes in the New Features for 1.4 that suggests that
> some incorrect handlings of ampersand in attribute values has been
> corrected, but, as far as I can see, this bug still remains.
>
> In spite of much misinformation that is propagated in other places,
> and the fact that by far the majority of such HREFs on the WWW are
> syntactically invalid, I don't believe there is any doubt as to what
> is correct (as Gerald's W3C validator is very willing to report).  It
> would be good if Amaya was corrected.
>
> (Whether or not it should still tolerate all those bad HREFs that are
> out there is quite a different issue.  Certainly the popular browsers
> behave in quite strange ways when presented with bad HREFs containing
> entity references that match, or substring-match, character entities
> that are defined in various versions of HTML)

  Irene.