Re: amaya: editor vs browser

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

> I don't clam that Amaya shouldn't used as a browser. I want just
> to mention we know that Amaya miss some functionalities to be considered
> as a good browser.
> Our task force is limited and we clearly give priority to editing
> functionalities.

Opening the CVS base to the general public would probably help here.
That would allow interested parties outside of the W3C to develop Amaya,
reducing the load on the core team.  The recent problems with the filename
of the document produced with "make book", and the installation locations
are good examples of problems that can be solved without great knowledge
of Amaya, and thus could be solved without distracting the core team to
any great degree.

Are there plans to make the CVS tree available soon (possibly to coincide
with the release of 2.0)?

Ewan Mellor.