Re: amaya: editor vs browser

> I'm following this diskussion and wonder why
> it is so often stated that Amaya is NOT a browser
> (i. e. not primarily) but an editor.

I don't clam that Amaya shouldn't used as a browser. I want just
to mention we know that Amaya miss some functionalities to be considered
as a good browser.
Our task force is limited and we clearly give priority to editing
functionalities.

> I think Amaya is a fine browser as well, if you
> want to browse e. g. a local text-only collection
> and you want to edit it occasionally.
>
> What I am really missing is the possibility
> to switch the single/double-click behaviour for
> browsing.
>
> I think this should not be too hard ... in relation
> to the problems which have been solved.

That will be available in next release 2.0 we're preparing for the end
of this month.

> Maybe it's really a more political problem.
> As we learnt that Microsoft is involved ... (???)

There is no problem with Microsoft. Microsoft is a W3C member but doesn't
influence our developments. We choose to focus our activity on editing
just because we think that the Web should be a place where users are actors
and not only consumers.

  Irene.