Re: Amaya for win32: bug in install program & web comment

Graham Nasby wrote:
> I'm not sure who to send this to, so if your are not the right person,
> could you forward this along.  Thanks.
>
> I was checking-out W3's web page.  I decided to give Amaya a try.
>
> BUG IN WINDOWS 95 1.4A VERSION OF AMAYA - INSTALLER
> The Windows 95 distribution of Amaya:
>         1.4a binary release
>         amay-Windows95-1.4a.exe
>
> In the install, the default install directory is:
>         C:\Program Files
> It should be this instead:
>         C:\Program Files\Amaya

No, this C:\Program Files is ok. You will find it creates one subdirectory
and everything goes to that subdir.

On the other hand, it is remarkable that the dir is named 'thod' with amaya
being a subdirectory thereof. This is due to the fact that Amaya is based on
Thod.

If this Thod is expected to be used for other applications as well, the
Amaya installation should install the Amaya specific stuff in an own
directory (C:\Program Files\Amaya by default) and store Thod in it's own
directory (C:\Program Files\Thod by default). In this case, Amaya
distributions should come without thot distributions too. There is no need
to update to the same Thod version if there is a new Amaya version.

If this Thod is to be used by Amaya only, the install tree should be
reversed: Amaya containting a Thod subdirectory.

My 2 cents,
Corne

--
Vote against SPAM!: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
Corne' Beerse					| Alcatel Telecom Nederland